Do you have experience as a mortgage underwriter and are looking to transition to remote work? You’re in luck because our client is looking for a full-time Underwriter. This is a fast-paced position that requires organization, enthusiasm, and the flexibility to meet timelines.
Ready to learn more?
Five Things You Should Consider
The company: We handle the heavy lifting for our clients. When their customers need a loan, it is our job to provide a quick and accurate turnaround.
Our goal: The services we provide allow our clients to save on costs and allows them to focus more on growing their organizations.
Why you want this job: You have a strong commitment to client success and exceeding expectations.
The perks: The standard work week is Monday-Friday which means the weekend is all yours. Also, you’ll get paid time off.
The buck stops with you: You’re self-motivated with a phenomenal work ethic and looking for the right company to support your growth.
The Official Details
Job Duties & Responsibilities
· Underwrite mortgage loans to verify for completeness, accuracy, and compliance in paperless environment
· Develop and maintain an up to date and sound knowledge of multiple loan and product guidelines offered by the company, DU/LP guidelines, and risk assessment tools used to decide mortgage loans
· Review and analyze various applicant documents to ensure all necessary information is included for approval
· Identify additional conditions as needed to ensure a viable credit decision
· Communicate regularly with related lending professionals, such as the sales team, loan processors, and management to secure all required documents
· Ability to function in an ever-changing environment and work across all business channels in Underwriting (retail/cc/wholesale) as needed
Skills & Requirements
· 4 years mortgage underwriting experience required
· NMLS license preferred
· At least 4 years-experience working with Fannie Mae Desktop Underwriter and Freddie Mac Loan Product Advisor
· Comfortable with various mortgage loan software (Mortgagebot, Encompass, Byte, Open Close, Caylx, etc)
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
· Ability to analyze and comprehend complex financial data
· Knowledge of Mortgage Insurance (MI) guidelines
· Working knowledge of various fraud tools