Our healthcare organization is looking for a Director of Nursing for a Health and Rehab facility in Buena Vista, VA. This role will be the head of the Nursing Services department with the goal of ensuring the best possible quality of care for our patient population.
Ready to get started?
Our Company Overview
A culture of integrity: We believe in honest communication and operating with the utmost integrity.
Choose your path: We offer diverse positions that are specialized in Skilled Nursing Care, Assisted Living Services and Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services.
Over 20 locations to ease your commute: We have over 20 facilities located throughout Ohio and Virginia.
Young organization with a positive outlook: Since 2016, we have grown to become a well-known and respected provider of healthcare services. Our future will lead us to making an even bigger positive impact on the communities we serve.
Personalized care is our motto: Every patient is different. We make sure to take a personalized approach to everyone within our care.
The Technical Details
Job Duties & Responsibilities
· Direct, supervise, and evaluate work activities of medical, nursing, technical, clerical, service, maintenance, and other personnel
· Ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the Nursing Services department
· Recruit, select, hire, train, evaluate, counsel, and supervise Nursing staff
· Monitor the use of diagnostic services, inpatient beds, facilities, and staff to ensure effective use of resources and assess the need for additional staff, equipment, and services
· Develop and maintain computerized record management systems to store and process data such as personnel activities and information
Skills & Requirements
· Graduate degree from an accredited school of nursing required
· RN license from the state of Virginia required
· DON (CDON-NADONA) certification in long-term care or become certified within the first year of employment
· Current CPR certification required
· At least 3 years of nursing experience in a setting serving the same age/type of resident population served by the facility
· At least 1 year of management experience preferred
· Knowledge of local, state, and federal regulations pertaining to facility functions
· Knowledge of accreditation standards and compliance requirements