We're on the hunt for a growth-minded, entrepreneurial VP of HR to help an established leadership team take their people practices to the next level. This position can be located in Birmingham, Atlanta, Mobile, or Montgomery as long as the candidate is willing to travel. The successful candidate will be capable of focusing both on strategy and day-to-day execution of HR platforms, will provide coaching and development to the HR team with ease, and be a trusted partner to the executive and field operation teams. If you’re a seasoned HR leader seeking more autonomy and the opportunity to build an HR function that can scale with growth, this is the role for you.
You’ll Know You’re the Right Candidate if…
You’re strategic. You want to do more than simply keep things running. You’re into “what’s next”, and you’re always thinking about the big picture and HR programs and initiatives that can help your company get to a future state faster.
You’re not afraid of doing the day-to-day work. We said it. The right person for this role is both strategic and has the ability to dig in and get a high volume of work done. If you are a mix of these two and move back and forth between the two states naturally, keep reading.
You’ve always been a builder in the world of HR. It’s easy to think about strategy, but execution is hard. The right candidate for our client decides on a strategy and then has a plan on how to execute and deliver improvement in any area of focus.
You have experience with HR leadership in a multi-location business. Our client has more than 100 locations and will likely double in the coming years. HR across hundreds of locations has a specific feel. If you’ve been involved in multi-location HR or are agile enough to understand the pace and hustle required, you’ll enjoy this role.
Specific Needs and Performance Requirements in this Role:
- Deep knowledge of core areas of HR – employee relations, compensation, benefits, learning and development, organizational development, leadership development and more.
- Plans, develops, organizes, directs, and evaluates the organization's HR function to drive a high-performance culture across the company.
- Establishes credibility throughout the organization by being an effective listener and collaborative problem solver of people issues.
- Leverages technology to manage information and provide reports that assess the HR function and the people resources of the organization.
- Ensures that the company is always in compliance with employment laws and DOL
- Effectively manages costs and optimizes the HR budget.
- Drives a continuous improvement discipline in the HR organization by assessing the competitiveness of all HR programs against industry best practices.
- Develops talent management strategies, implementation plans, programs and metrics for recruitment, training, development, executive coaching and retention.
- Develops progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance and retention.
- Develops appropriate policies and programs for employee relations, affirmative action, sexual harassment, employee complaints and related areas.
- Provides coaching and counsel to the executive leadership team and field operations team.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to the existing HR team and ensures the team has access to state-of-the-art technical HR know-how.
- Experience supporting leaders and serving as a key business partner
- 10+ years relevant HR/business management experience
- Strategic thinker with a proven track record
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Talent management, retention, development, strategy, and coaching experience
- Preference working in a fast-paced, agile, environment with tight deadlines/competing priorities
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment, adaptable and flexible in shifting priorities quickly
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- SCP, SPHR or PHR certification preferred
- Experience working in an M&A high growth, private equity environment a plus