If you are interested in analyzing and evaluating all aspects of a loan application and determining whether an applicant should be administered a loan, read on--this might be for you!
You don’t want to miss out on this fast-growing employer!
Five Things Our Employee Handbook Won’t Tell You
Why you want this job: Our people take ownership of their work to deliver excellent service.
License plate you’ll need to buy: #1MORTGE.
Keep walking if: Being analytical isn’t your idea of a fun time.
Bonus points for: Working experience with one or more underwriting systems (DU preferred).
Mega bonus points for: Familiarity with secondary market requirements.
Because Life is Better with Bullet Points
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyze and evaluate all aspects of borrowers’ credit, risks, and offsets, employment, income, and asset profiles to arrive at a loan decision for approval, suspense, counteroffer, or denial
- Underwrite mortgage loans and process customer information in compliance with appropriate regulations
- Interact with staff regarding credit decisions on mortgage loans; effectively re-work resubmitted applications; queue workloads; make decisions on turn-around levels
- Render an underwriting decision and subsequent clearing conditions to ensure HFC credit policy and procedures are met
- Provide assistance to less experienced underwriters on unusual situations, exceptions, and override requests
- Underwrite FHA/VA, state housing and specialty programs in accordance with requirements dictated by the Department of HUD; Veteran Affairs; and appropriate state housing agencies
- Ensure the accuracy of all necessary criteria for specific loan types, products, rates and fee structures
- Ensure that all credit and appraisal documentation meet the necessary requirements and are completed properly
- Monitor underwriting staff pipeline to ensure timely underwriting turnaround times
Skills & Requirements
- 4 years’ experience as a mortgage underwriter for all loan types and Encompass LOS experience
- Minimum high school diploma or GED
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with MLOs, Division and Branch Managers, and other customers
- DE and SAR/LAPP certified
- Must be able to manually underwrite FHA loans