Are you ready to be a part of a progressive health care employer? Apply today and join an organization that will give you the opportunity to provide patient-centered care, the freedom to share your compassion for others, and the unlimited potential to grow your career.
We are seeking an Inpatient Coder III. In this position, you’ll code hospital accounts and use extensive knowledge of medical terminology such as ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM/PCS, and CPT coding.
Are you ready to make a difference in the way health care is delivered?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists with development of the strategic plan in line with health system and revenue cycle goals
- Audits and reports results as needed
- Capitalizes on opportunities and manages associated coding and coding outcome risks
- Helps set priorities as appropriate
- Takes initiative based on knowledge, priorities, and goals
Skills & Requirements
· CCS, RHIT, or RHIA knowledge required
· Knowledge of documentation regulations and/or requirements as they relate to ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM/PCS and CPT Coding Regulatory Requirements required
· A minimum of 3 years in progressive coding preferred
· A minimum of 3 years of auditing experience in coding and/or HIM preferred
· MS DRG's and APR DRG's experience preferred
· Previous experience with 3M and Epic is strongly desired
· Must be able to obtain CCS within 1 year of hire date